Monday, February 20, 2012

feeling thrifty

Goodwill.
The land of "just the shoes I was looking for" at a price point of $5 or less.  So, both last year and this year, I found myself in need of some fun closed toe shoes for work.  In both situations, I dropped into Goodwill with hope, but mid-level expectations.  And in both situations, I walked out with cute shoes in hand.
 Last year, the black and white pair cost me a whopping $4.99, didn't hurt my feet after three days and have become one of my favorite pairs of heels ever.
This year, I found the brown pair and they were a perfect match for my needs.  Though I don't love them quite as much as the others, I found them on a day they were 50% off and after handing the cashier $2.50, they became mine.



I guess you could say that the thrift store is a shoe in for my business in situations like this.  Bahaha.

TOTAL SPENT: $2.50
TOTAL SAVED: $2.49 (and so much more when retail is considered)

No comments:

Post a Comment